When the waters of Lake Booty’s finally dissipated, we were grateful to find that the crashing waves never made their way into our live construction zone. Phew!
But since we had been jackhammering and tearing up cement to lay our plumbing, quite a bit of clay and dirt was now exposed and soft enough to dig around in. Curious about our building’s original use as a pharmacy, we got to digging around jokingly in search of buried treasures from a century ago.
And then the funniest thing happened – we actually found some! What began as a joke turned into a payday as Kevin uncovered more than a dozen pharmacological and medicinal bottles dating back to August of 1906! The most legible being a Milk of Magnesia bottle hailing from the Chase Phillips Chemical Company in Glenbrook, Conn.
The bottles were such an inspiration for us as we designed a space that married our vision for Booty’s with the building’s past as a pharmacy. They’ll proudly be on display – and full of Jeremy JF Thompson’s boozy brews and tinctures – when Booty’s opens in just a few short weeks!